Dear GYLA members,
We are very excited to announce our GYLA New Decade Challenge 2 winner. The challenge was focussing on COVID-19 Crisis, more specifically the opportunities this crisis brings. In total, we had sixteen amazing projects handed in with authors from Kenya, Ghana, Uganda and Philippines. Each project was evaluated by two coordinators/executive team from a different country than the author. The projects were really amazing, but we had to get the winner eventhough the competition was so close.
Ladies and gentlemen, it's an honour to announce Mr Salim Khamis, an AiduTalent from Kenya as the winner of GYLA New Decade Challenge 2. He did an amazing essay on the opportunities brought by the COVID-19 and how he has used the COVID-19 crisis for his advantage and for the advantage of his community. For this reason, he has won a book voucher worth the equivalent of 100 USD and a Certificate. We are also going to issue out Certificates to the following top 10 Projects:
- Project by Salim Khamis - Kenya
- Project by Morgan Odromadri - Uganda
- Project by Faith Magero - Kenya
- Project by Carl John - Philippines
- Project by Deborah Mutua - Kenya
- Project by Lucky Mukasa - Uganda
- Project by Micah Nyamwega - Kenya
- Project by Nekesa Justine - Uganda
- Project by Salim Chaichumba and Phoebe Kashaha - Kenya
- Project by Richard Adonou Mensah - Ghana
Congratulations to Mr Salim and everyone who participated in this competition for the amazing projects. Special thanks for your time and efforts.
Looking forward to seeing more amazing projects in our next challenge.
We appreciate your amazing efforts and motivations in making GYLA a great and empowering network
Thank you all.
BY Mahulo Boniface